Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moving to Moscow!

My sister-in-law has inspired me to start a blog now that we have moved so far away from family. This will hopefully serve to keep all of our friends and families updated with what we have been up to. This is a new thing for me and there are no guarantees that I will be very good or consistent with it but I am going to give it my best shot!
We moved on August 10th and have been enjoying our time down here so far. We had a lot of help from our families packing this big moving truck, and were fortunate to have my parents drive down to Moscow with us to get us settled in. It sure is a blessing to have such wonderful family!
We had 6 men from the Elders Quorum at the house ready to help us unpack and had the truck unloaded in less than 30 minutes. It was nice having my parents there to help unpack all of the boxes. Daniel and my Dad made some shelves in the garage for storage while my Mom helped me tackle the kitchen!

We have now been here for over a month and are feeling pretty settled. It is amazing once you get everything unpacked how quickly a new place can start to feel like home. I have attached a video that Daniel made of our place. 
 Well I think that is enough for my first post, I don't want to over do it. Later this week I will try to make another post on what we do down here in Idaho. We miss everyone and look forward to lots of visitors :) Take care until then!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Kim! We sure enjoyed being able to help you move into your new digs. All the best.

    --Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting a blog & sharing the video of your new place! It's nice to see what you guys are up to. Your place is awesome and I loved seeing the baby's room. I am beyond excited to meet my little niece or nephew!

    Keep the posts coming! :) Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete