Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mason's Blessing Day and Family Time

Our last couple weeks have been AMAZING! Here is what we have been up to
Playing with the train set. We keep this put away and only pull it out every once and a while. That means that it is always a treat. I wish we could do that with all of our toys

 Mason turned 2 months! Unfortunately he was sick at the same time, but he still cooperated for his photo shoot
 One evening Kim took Mason to the doctor so I got to take the bigger kids to the park and we had a great time together


 Right on the tail end of Mason having a really bad cold and being really congested and having lots of trouble sleeping, Kim sent me a message that said "I think Mason has rabies." There was also this picture, but I saw the text before the picture and thought she was being serious.
 "Because I am Batman!"
 During an especially rough day with the kids Kim sent me this picture at work and said  "no one seems to like me today :( "
 We had some strange visitors arrive last week
 Party on the toddler bed
 The kids loved having extra people around to read to them
 This boy doesn't play independently very often because he really loves interacting with others, but when he does play independently, it is super cute
 Grandpa Bullock got to meet Mason for the first time and they hit it off pretty well
 He and I built some planter boxes. We are excited to plant a garden next year, so we are getting ready for it now
 We borrowed some kayaks from a family in our ward and we had SO MUCH FUN taking them out on the river right by our house. I have a new short term goal: get kayaks for next summer

 Although these kayaks aren't made for multiple people it was fun to sit the kids in with us and paddle around the shore. They loved it


 After the guys had their fun we sent the women out to enjoy the river

 While they were on the river the kids asked Grandpa Bullock to spell all of the important words in the sand
 There was also some time to ponder life and its meaning...
 What a happy bunch
 Grandma Bullock also got in on the reading action. You can't stay with us and not read books to our kids, that's a house rule ;)
 Grandma was also a sandwich making machine
 Grandpa took the hard job
 One day we all went out to River Front Park in Spokane. There are beautiful trails throughout the river valley with impressive bridges to explore
 She looks a little uncomfortable, who told her to pose that way?
 Look at these two love birds

 
We got a great picture of the kids and their Grandparents 
 We also managed to get a picture of our family
 And of me and my sweet heart
 We all had a picnic together. I don't like to sit too close to my in-laws.
 And the kids played on the giant wagon
 Grandma snuggling with Mason (he had just been bitten by a spider half an hour before this, poor guy...no super powers...yet)
 Kim and the hooligans

 Go Canada!

 Mason looks a little confused
 Cute?
 We spoiled the kids and took them for 25 cent ice cream cones afterwards

 Then back home playing together. Look at that smile for Grandma!
 Lyza loves holding Mason

 My parents and Benjamin arrived Saturday evening and here is everyone visiting and soaking up Benjamin's inspirational and ultra spiritual wisdom ;)
 If you know me, you know I don't pick favorites among my siblings (except for Hannah) but Benjamin was the star of the show as far as Lyza and Nixon were involved. I think he spent at least 50% of his waking hours reading them books and playing with them. They LOVED having him here. We did too! 

 Grandma Keyes is also pretty good at reading a children's book or two or three ;) 
 Sunday was the big day, Mason's blessing day. Here he is before church on his change table
 Lookin' good
 These guys are looking handsome
 This is the lady in our ward that offered to make Mason's blessing outfit, without even knowing us. That is truly a tender mercy, because if she had known us, she would not have offered ;)
 We had a pretty good looking bunch for the blessing. I can't express enough how much we appreciate those who came for this special day!
 Another picture of our little family
 Our sweet little Mason, we are proud parents!
 Here he is looking a little bit serious
 My littlest little guy
 Lyza looked pretty cute frolicking outside of the church 
 Lyza got a new dinosaur book set from my parents that included these cardboard dinosaur things

 Nixon got this sweet little police car complete with siren
 More reading with the kids while dinner was being prepared 

 Grandma Bullock did such a great job setting the table
 Quit taking pictures and let us eat!
 He loves his Grandma
 After Mason's nap he was in the mood for a photo shoot and we got some adorable pictures!


 After Grandma and Grandpa Bullock left and we dried all of our tears we took to the outdoors to show my parents part of the neighborhood and work off some of the amazing dinner we had.
Mason was enjoying whatever Grandma Keyes was telling him
 The next morning Benjamin taught the kids to meditate. I told him there was no way, even with how ultra-spiritual he is, that he could EVER get our kids relaxed enough to meditate
 I think he did a pretty good job. Lyza's facial expressions are ridiculous!
This is my Dad's idea of getting Mason to sleep
 We took my parents and Benjamin to down town Coeur d'Alene to see the resort, the floating dock, the shops, and to have a picnic

 you can't tell from the pictures, but it was a little bit chilly out



 Me and my favorite person!
 #merica
 The kids really like the fish at the resort aquarium

 Cute fish

 Little bit of relaxing before continuing on the journey
 An alligator puppet? Yes please!

 Of course they had to ride the merry-go-round at the toy store

 Look what I found in this tree!

 Where is Lyza?
 Look at that smile
 We all had a nice picnic lunch
 Thankfully the kids were able to be right next to a splash park and not get wet, it was a miracle really
 Our kids sure enjoyed seeing these guys

 I am not sure why Lyza had to sit on an enormous pile of cushions to watch TV...
 Another trip out on the kayaks



 Lyza was cold while we waited for Kim and Grandpa Keyes so Uncle Ben taught her how to stay warm

 Do you think we had enough ice cream?
 Our patio needs some serious work. The shape is horrible, and the installation is pretty bad. I plan of pulling it all up, putting down a new base layer underneath, then re-laying all of the stone. There was a labor day sale on the stone that I need to buy so I seized the opportunity and got to work

 I had a good helper

 I didn't address the poor base of the existing patio with this project, but I got the remaining stones that I need and fixed the shape of the patio

It certainly doesn't look perfect, but I think it looks better and next year I will pull it all up and do it properly
Mason and his Grandma Keyes
 Reading with the Benj
 Lyza telling Grandpa stories
 Nixon loves to put away the utensils from the dishwasher
 Uncle Ben got Lyza and Nixon this book. Thanks Benj and thanks for coming and being so great with our kids. You are welcome to come back anytime!
 This boy looks tuckered out from all of the excitement
 After so many days of amazing company and lots of fun we had to go back to normal life, which means playing with Mason
 And throwing insane and irrational temper tantrums
 Mason got this outfit from his auntie Rachel and uncle Simon. It is 18 months and really cute. Well, our 31 month old boy can fit in this 18 month old outfit right now. I think the sizing is wrong because Nixon is not a little guy. I guess this gift is just going to give more than expected. Thanks guys!
Thanks again to those that came to visit! We had a wonderful time and enjoyed your support and love. We have an extra guest room for anyone that wants to visit ;)
Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment