Saturday, October 8, 2016

Lots of Fun Around Here

The kids love the library activities. You can see Nixon front row laying down and listening.
The kids found a new activity jumping off of the electrical box. There I am coming home from work.
We had a hot dog (wiener) roast for FHE
There is a family in the ward that bought a house last year and in the boulevard in front of their house there is 2-3" Montana rainbow rock. They want to get rid of it all and plant a garden in that space (kind of weird place for a garden) so they are giving the rock away. We are going to put it around our planter boxes. The kids are helping me lay out the fabric.
Kim and the kids have been making lots of trips getting rock with the van
Good morning!
The kids are having a little picnic while Kim is picking rocks
Lyza has discovered the joy of a hula hoop
Last week I had an estate planning conference in Boise for a couple of days. Right before that I had to go to a hearing in Idaho Falls with very little notice. That meant I was away from home for 4 days instead of 2. I had to take 6 different flights. I flew from Spokane to Portland, Portland to Salt Lake, drove from Salt Lake to Idaho Falls, flew from Idaho Falls to Salt Lake, Salt Lake to Boise, and then to return flew from Boise to Seattle, and Seattle to Spokane. It was a long and exhausting trip.
I think Heavenly Father created dinosaurs for little kids
Kim has been working hard at the rock
This little guy turned 3 months last week. We sure love him!

The library has a music activity every week that Lyza has been going to. Lots of fun!


Maybe the last beach day of the year?
Lyza loves throwing the frisbee for this dog we commonly see at the beach.
Nixon is such a good big brother. He is always helping with Mason, even if he doesn't need help ;)
She must have had a big day
These pictures are the kids saying hello to me while I am gone. I am grateful for the technology that let me still see and talk to my family while I was gone. 

So cute!
 Last Sunday we invited the ward to come to our park and share some snacks and socialize after the last session of conference. We had a few really fun families come and we had a good time
 One of the families brought a hedge hog for the kids to play with
 A family in our ward bought some gravel for a project in their home and over estimated how much they needed. They put it up for grabs for anyone that wanted the extra. They are so nice they helped load it into their truck and unload it at our house. 13 wheel barrows full later, we have a start of the gravel for when I redo our patio next year.
Just like Nixon is always willing to help with Mason, he is always ready to put his shoulder to the wheel and help with yard work, even if he is just getting in the way ;)
 Cute little dragon
 Another
 Nixon has decided that he is too muscular and macho to wear a shirt. But he has no problem wearing silly hats, purses, and pulling around princess luggage



 I love getting messages like these while I am at work. I have always suspected that my kids don't understand anything...this just confirms that
 Move out of the way
 Building together
 Lyza and Nixon's friend had a birthday party last night that we attended. It was lots of fun. Lyza doing the limbo was awesome!

 Nixon brought home a little balloon and tried to blow it up all night! He won't let anyone help him. He woke up this morning and it was the first thing he asked for. He is PERSISTENT!
As part of Lyza's preschool she has watched a few videos teaching about different letters. I think she would be an excellent teacher some day, especially with the sucker as he baton
Take care and enjoy the beautiful fall (or snow if you are living in Canada ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment