Sunday, November 20, 2022

Our Flying Squirrels

 Here is a drone shot from a couple of weeks ago. The land in the middle is actually an island in the Spokane River (Harbor Island) that is right by our house (perhaps why our neighborhood is called "Riverside Harbor"?). The water to the right is much narrower. Nixon and I Kayaked around the island this summer.


This is such a wonderful sight


Lyza let Nixon and I play with her 3-D pen


Snow hit us on November 7th this year and it is surprisingly still here (although it will most likely melt away this week with warmer temperatures)


A big tree in our backyard neighbor's house needed to be taken down after the windstorm because it was leaning too much. This is what the process looked like


Here is it all down


We got to vote in midterm elections and Henry loved all the candy they gave out at the polling station


Have I ever mentioned that Henry LOVES trains?



These boys liked playing with the magnet building things at the library



Henry making some icecream


Lyza eating the real thing on a date with her mom


Kim got to celebrate a friend's birthday at the cabin



Mason and I destroyed this puzzle


Nixon and I have gone for lots of walks this week and he always spots the moose in places I never would have noticed them


Even when it is dark out


Henry getting some one on one time with Kim


Nixon got a new haircut and we kept the top a little longer than usual


He looked a lot like McCaulay Culkin from Home Alone


What do you think?


Kim has been volunteering once a week in Mason's class


I got to go to an evening activity for Lyza and the other challenge students where they showed off some of the things they have been working on. They are so much smarter than I was at her age (but don't tell her that...)


I am not sure this house would do them much good in the elements


Lyza and Nixon took me to a local performance of The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical and we had SO MUCH FUN!


It was misty above the river on Kim's morning run yesterday


Mason's friend had a birthday party at Flying Squirrel so I took him and the rest of the kids while Kim was at a stake youth activity



Every time I looked at Nixon he was flipping and flying through the air



Mason had a lot of fun with the birthday girl


And Henry was in heaven


He also realized that if you bring your knees into your chest it feels like you are jumping even higher ;)



Here is Mason showing me just how much he loves me


Whenever I wanted to find Lyza she was sure to be found playing dodge ball



The moment before impact



I think Mason had a really fun time at the party


Look at those party animals


Check out Nixon's new move


Henry also learned a new move, jumping from the highest platform


Here are a couple drone shots I got last night at sunset



Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment