Sunday, February 12, 2023

38th Birthday?!, Skating, and Skiing

Mason made a chess board out of Lego and tested it out with Nixon


Lyza and Mason have been reading together and it is a heart warming sight


I love seeing the kids reading together


For my birthday I got a new desk! You know you are old when a desk is an exciting birthday gift ;)


However, this desk is no ordinary desk. It is a motorized sit/stand desk. With the touch of a button I can change from my sitting height to my standing height and vise versa.


Kim made me biscuits and gravy for my birthday breakfast


Henry helped Kim make a trifle for my birthday cake



After a delicious dinner I got spoiled by Mason's extremely thoughtful gifts


And some others


Mason also decided to lose his other front tooth


Then it was time for cake




Here is Henry helping to unload the dishwasher


And playing a game with a friend


Henry also got to go ice skating this week



His skates are even his favorite color!


Nixon had a basketball game yesterday and did really well


After Nixon's game the family jumped in the truck and headed for the mountains for one last ski trip this season. The view was beautiful!





Lyza and Mason spent lots of time on the lift together






We got a couple pictures of us all together



Nixon got to do lots of the big runs since Mason can ski self-sufficiently


Here is Nixon skiing through the trees


And a run down Midway


Henry is getting very comfortable (at least while he is wearing his harness)


Henry loves to do funny faces on the lift


Dinner break in the lodge. Look how red Henry's cheeks are!


Henry didn't want to leave the mountain and we skied until the lift closed. He passed out on the drive home.


Take care

1 comment: