Sunday, June 18, 2023

That is One Long Bike Ride!

 A couple weeks ago I filleted my rainbow trout and we fried it up (it was delicious)


Kim made some mango float (and a raspberry variation) that we are going to have for dessert today


I flew the drone last Sunday evening and caught the sunset


The sky was beautiful





I love the colors on these ones




I built a bike rack for the bed of my truck


It fits two road bikes (you will see why later)


Kim went to the temple with a friend


I wonder if he is comfortable?


Nixon and I did some evening fishing




Sunset on the lake was beautiful


Lyza used her bug vacuum to save her mother from an intruder spider


Nixon has learned how to mow the law to make some extra money to pay for his basketball camp


The kids had their last day of school


Lyza is mourning


She really liked her teacher and is sad to be done at Ponderosa Elementary. Lyza got a medal because she was voted third place for the student in her class with the most integrity, kindness, etc. 


Mason with his teacher


Nixon and his teacher. He got second place in his grade for the Panther Prowl (a long distance running competition)


The kids got some treats from Sonic



Mason finished his Hawaiian Sea Turtle


Mason dancing in the rain


What beautiful boys



Mason and Henry made this for me one day while I was at the office


It came with all these things





There was a big activity family focused activity in CDA the day after school ended that the kids went to with lots of games and prizes


Big Jenga was fun



Fire trucks


SWAT was there



Last Saturday morning I woke up too early so I walked down to the river and tried fishing. I didn't catch anything and actually lost a lure.


Lyza pinned her first butterfly. I will share a picture when she has removed the parchment paper


Nixon helped me clean up bikes


When school is out for the summer the number of forts built increases exponentially


Our strawberries are out


Last Sunday we drove both vehicles out to Mullan, ID so we could leave the truck there for Kim's bike trip the next day

We when drove to Wallace and did a hike together (Pulaski Tunnel Trail)


The history of the fire that made the trail notable is below


We had lots of fun together





Looking for bugs




This waterfall is only a half mile in and is the best payoff of the hike (it keeps going but we didn't go it all)


There is a big bridge at this point to play on


Pretty


I enjoy photographing this water


The water smooths out with a long shutter speed








That is a big leaf


Here is another fall later on the trail



It was a fun little hike


The next day Kim and her friends drove to Plummer with their bikes and biked 72 miles to Mullan (where we left the truck the day before)



They saw lots of beautiful views


Caption the photos yourself...I wasn't there









Mason made this piggy bank for Henry


They never get tired of swings


There was an Alice in Wonderland themed activity at the library this week



4-H had a bunny activity this week




Mason got to go on a lunch date with Kim to Costco and get a huge hot dog. He loved it!


Nixon had a basketball camp every day this last week


We got a new computer chair that I had to assemble


Is that a strawberry or an apple?


The kids did a lemonade stand


Mason and Henry made signs for their bikes and rode up and down the sidewalk advertising



Nixon got this costume from a garage sale


We helped Kim set up for a stake youth dance last night that was a luau so the kids got shaved ice after


Happy Father's Day!



1 comment:

  1. What a great week you all had! Kim, that bike ride looks like it was a great experience. Daniel, I hope you had a Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete