Sunday, January 8, 2017

Catching Our Breath

December is an exciting and BUSY time. January is nice to slow things down a bit.
Church last week was a gong show. Kim had to play organ, there was tons of snow and slick roads and we were running late. As we were rushing down the hall to the chapel someone opened a door into Lyza and she hit it with her face. There was blood gushing from her nose, it hurt really bad (she is still sick at this point). Not very fun. She has had a rough couple of weeks.
 Lyza has enjoyed reconnecting with her dinosaurs
 Mason is 6 months!


 And he wants to eat his fox
 

 Having him sit up is nice because that is one more way to keep him happy

 Destroying our family room keeps these kids happy
 For family home evening this week I decided that our activity would be playing Mario Kart as a family. The kids loved it!
 One of the activities for preschool this week was spraying the snow with colored water

 The theme was winter, so another activity was spraying baking soda with colored vinegar, all on top of ice 
 Kim and Mason took me out for lunch this week
He was pretty excited

 When Grandpa Keyes gave Lyza bracelets I bet he didn't know they would be used for elongating the neck of a dinosaur
 Mason got this book from the doctor and Lyza is practicing writing some of the words
 I got to spend some time in the crawl space of the house while I was putting Christmas decorations back and I decided to do some exploring. Underneath or kitchen I found a whole bunch of roots growing up

 This is how big they were. They must be from the huge pine tree close by in the back yard
On Friday Kim mentioned that she wanted me to build shelves in a closet in one of our closets.
We had been using an old Ikea shelf and a cruddy wire shelf
I accepted the challenge and with the help of a Home Depot gift card that Auntie Terry gave us for Christmas I got to work

 The finished product is a success and now we have much more usable storage in that closet 
As I was taking the mat off of our trampoline yesterday Nixon was playing on the ice
We shared this video on Facebook but I thought I would add it here too. This is meant to motivate those hoping to lose weight this year. Just do what Mason does, exercise in your sleep!
Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog as always I really enjoyed looking at it over and over. Watching Mason's dance moves reminded me of Lyza when she was little.

    ReplyDelete