Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Week before the World Shut Down

Well the title of this post may be a little overly dramatic but I don't think it is too exagerated
I though I would share a video of Nixon's mad hoverboarding skills
Mason was practicing his planking 
 Seeing Mason and Nixon play nice together is so amazing
 While I was talking to Grandma Keyes last Sunday this beautiful funny boy was distracting me
I had to go into the Dr. this week and they made me wear this stuffy mask
 At the beginning of the week we thought this was funny. Now when we look at it we cringe
At least when Henry spills he gets the wipes, cleans up the mess, then puts the dirty wipe in the garbage, all without being asked!
 Mason and Henry had a bathtub photoshoot together. Henry was originally terrified of the bubbles but eventually warmed up to the idea
Here are the cute babies:

 Mason loves splashing Henry and Henry didn't love being splashed

 Doesn't Kim take great photos?

 Henry's expression says it all
 There is a smile
 Why won't he stop pouring water on me? What am I, a plant?
 I LOVE this picture!
 I also love when his eyes almost close when he smiles and laughs
 That face...
 Mason is getting a little too comfortable
 What a show off


 Henry right after getting splashed by Mason
 Wiping off the water he was just splashed with while getting splashed all over again
 Water looks cool with a fast shutter. Henry also thinks water looks best outside of the tub
 Where did the water go?
 What a cute bum
 Now to dry off
 Nixon has been enjoying coding 

On Thursay I decided to work from home, which meant I somehow ended up watching Lyza and Henry while Kim took Mason for a Dr.'s appointment. Henry and I had a little piano lesson. He is so focused.


 He was really enjoying it
 He doesn't quite have the long fingers most pianists have
 But that doesn't stop him


 He eventually got tired


I couldn't believe the animal activity in our backyard that morning. There were dozens of robins aerating our lawn looking for a meal
 I also saw several quail in the backyard
 I got some video of the quail singing
Then I saw this Mourning Dove

 There were also lots of squirrels
This one wanted to play basketball
This one looked so cute with his acorn
Then he started burying it in the grass, which wasn't as cute
While all this was going on Mason was in a "space ship" listening to "monkeys" in his ears. So cute!
 Lyza finally started feeling good enough and went to school on Friday for the first time in about 6 or 7 weeks 
 Friday morning Kim went to Costco to do some routine shopping. She got there about 5 minutes before and there was a line going around the store. It was insane inside and they were all out of basic items (like toilet paper). We have toilet paper but not an endless supply.
 I went out for lunch near a grocery store and decided to swing by and see if things were better. No TP, no white rice, etc.
Lowe's was nearby so I decided to stop by there.
I saw this sign and felt some hope. But as I approached I saw that it was only paper towel.
 Next I checked Albertson's and more of the same
 Rite Aid is in the same shopping center and it was also out of toilet paper. What is everyone doing with all this toilet paper?
 After their big shopping trip Henry fell in love with this box
At some point Nixon put one of his shirts on Henry 
 Silly boys
 Late Friday afternoon we got a notice from the Idaho Supreme Court making temporary suspensions to various court hearings and trials. Shortly thereafter I was told that everyone in my office that has ability to work from home (which I do) has to start working from home beginning Moday, until further notice ("until further notice" has become all to common place right now)
So there is no TP, I have to work from home, and then we woke up to snow on Saturday morning!
Thanks for shovelling Kim
Nixon was literally bouncing off the walls Saturday morning (well bouncing off the floor and couch)
 Later he exercised with Kim and it was the cutest thing ever
 At one point he decided he needed to show off his leg muscles?
 He did pretty good keeping up with Kim
 Lyza and Kim worked together in the afternoon to make this candy-gram for her friend that was supposed to be baptized yesterday (the baptism was cancelled because his baby brother has RSV)
 What a cute and yummy gift
Kim got this candid video of Mason singing to himself while coloring. I think it is so cute
We just found out the kids' school is closed for the next two days for cleaning. That is a relief since the CDA school district announced all of its schools will be closed until after the first week of April. I hope Post Falls doesn't do something that drastic but it seems like things get so much worse every day.
Take care and try and enjoy social distancing!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the blog post, thanks for posting. Hope the toilet paper hoarders stop the madness soon. What in the actual heck are they doing with all the toilet paper?!! Take care and hope your family is healthy again soon.

    ReplyDelete