Sunday, August 1, 2021

Huckleberries and White Water

I really appreciated Nixon last Sunday after church when he took Henry outside to play. He can be such a good big brother.


I stole a moment of Kim and Lyza talking while Kim was doing dishes


Henry didn't have a nap this day and his behavior was showing it. He got so out of control Kim had to take him to his room and sat him on the rocking chair for a pseudo time out. Almost instantly he fell asleep in the same position.


On a bike ride this morning I stopped by the dam to see what the water flow looked like. It was almost bone dry


It was such a big difference from when we were last there in May



The kids have been enjoying playing Clue


Mason has been really good at picking the blueberries off our bush for us


Kim went huckleberry picking with some friends this week




Lyza had a reading date at the beach with her school teacher from this past school year (who lives across the street from us)


She was so excited that she waited by the door 30 minutes early. Maybe we should invite her teacher to go to church with us ;)


We invited some friends to the beach with us and Mason got to hold their month old baby before



I like Nixon's creation


There has been a lot of Lego building going on around here


The boys got to jump on the trampoline with water balloons


Since we cannot get enough huckleberries we sent Kim out a second time this week



She shared her harvest and we made an amazing milkshake


So cute watching Henry play perfection


I took the day off work on Friday and drove two hours to meet the priests in Montana to go white water rafting 


We had lots of fun


And the scenery was stunning



There is a professional photographer that hangs out at the biggest rapid (Tumbleweed, which is a Class III) and takes photos of the groups going through. This was my raft.


We had so much fun. Here is a video I put together of the trip. And if you are wondering, I was inspired by Lyza's fearlessness cliff jumping in our last blog so I told myself I would jump off anything that the boys jumped off.


Some more Lego creations


I don't think this is how a super hero is supposed to wear his cape


Take care

1 comment: