Sunday, January 16, 2022

Back to Twilight Skiing

 I have been having lots of fun with my drone (at least when the weather cooperates)


A couple Sundays ago I took the drone up at sunset and it was cool to see the sunset from our house (I just had to get up 400 feet)



I think these little planet photos are so fun


But nothing compared to this


Here is a video of my sunset flight


After that we went over to the neighbors' house because they wanted to show us some Christmas decorations before they put them away. It turned into a nice visit and we learned a lot about them and their lives


For Family Home Evening at the start of the year we focused on goals


Check out this creation


Mason got to play some Monopoly Jr.


We got a TON of snow the first week of January so the kids got to sled in the front yard



Kim and a couple friends saw West Side Story. They were the only three in the theater.


When we got all of the snow I wasn't feeling good so Kim did most of the shoveling. Nixon also helped out.


That is A LOT of snow!


When I was flying the drone from the backyard Kim found Mason standing in the front yard (shirtless) watching the drone


Here is a 180 degree panorama


And the sun low in the sky


Here is a little planet from that afternoon


We got Nixon's boots fitted to his new skis


We had out first skiing of the year two Saturdays ago. We all went except Henry. Mason did pretty good for his first time


I got to spend some time on the lift with Lyza


Here is a little video of Kim helping Mason go down the big hill at the end of the evening


And riding the chair lift with him


And Kim and Nixon looking like pros


Here is another sunset photo from the drone



Kim and I took Lyza out on a date to Red Robin and she got a peperoni pizza


Mason helped Kim made these crackers


We have had warm weather and most of our snow is gone. The kids have had fun finding ice and chunks of snow and breaking them


Henry on a walk with his friend


Henry also wanted to use sidewalk chalk, although I think it is still a little too cold


Nixon and I went skiing together yesterday. We rode the shuttle up the mountain and we were the only ones on the bus (going down was another story)


Since it is a long weekend there were fireworks and a celebration planned for the evening so it was really busy on the mountain (notice the line of fog/cloud about the height of the clock? More on that later)



Up the mountain the visibility was horrible and we were right in a cloud. Nixon and I went down once together. We both fell at about the same point. I lost my phone and didn't realize it until I was halfway down the run. Luckily someone found it and turned it in.


We stuck to the lower run for the rest of the night. We also watched the fireworks. The fireworks were cool but obscured by the same cloud on the upper part of the mountain. 


It was really hard to get any photos of the fireworks because the visibility was so poor



Have a great week and take care

1 comment: