Sunday, February 20, 2022

I Am OLD! And a Taste of Mexico

 I turned 37 a couple of weeks ago. It was a Sunday so we had an amazing breakfast together before church


Then we went to the park with Grandma and Grandpa Bullock. Henry had fun pushing Grandma on this thing


Her revenge was spinning him on this thing


After a delicious roast beef dinner (not pictured) I got to open some presents. Mason made me a hat!


I got a cool moose card from my parents


And Kim bought me some new beach wear



Then it was time for hugs



And cake. Our neighbors also came over to help us eat the cake.


Grandma got a crash course in perler beading


Kim and I got to go to Los Cabos, Mexico for a partner retreat with work. In the Portland airport we at at Henry's!


After many long hours on the plane we made it


This is the view from our room



Our first sunset


The ocean was beautiful


We had delicious tacos for dinner


And cake and sorbet for dessert


Here is a video of our first day


The next morning we got up bright and early for a trip to the arch and to go snorkeling. This is the main view from the hotel lobby


The first major stop of our tour was to a glass factory where we got to see them create a glass elephant



After the glass factory we went to a few shops and did a little shopping

After that we went to the Cabo San Lucas marina and got in a boat to tour the Arch, which is also known as Land's End

We saw lots of cool boats


Including a cruise ship


Parasailing



The rock you see protruding out of the water looks like a howling wolf


Here are some pelicans at pelican beach


Here is a sea lion


I think this is called Pelican Rock where the sea lion was sunning



More pelicans


My beautiful wife


Here is the howling wolf




Here we are in front of Lover's Beach




I thought this black boat looked so cool


I think this opening was called the Window to the Pacific



This rock formation is called Scooby-Doo


Get ready for lots of pictures of the arch, or El Arco









Sea lion


Pelicans


Here is the Pirate's Cave on the Pacific side of Land's End (Land's End is where the Sea of Cortez (Eastern part of the peninsula) meets the Pacific Ocean (Western side of the peninsula)).


Crazy looking bird. I think it is a Brandt's Cormorant


View from the Pacific side


The Pacific side of Lover's Beach is called Divorce Beach


Just beyond Divorce Beach there is this resort


We also saw some whales as part of our tour


This was our group


She is my favorite


And some more pictures of the arch for good measure


Those clouds look so cool



Lover's Beach


Cruise ship


Pirate ship. You can do cruises on this ship. Next time...


Senor Frogs is a famous Mexican chain and this is one that we saw from the marina


Here is a video of our trip to the arch


After the arch tour we went to Chileno Beach for some snorkeling


Here is a panorama of the beach 


And here is the tiny planet photo I made


This is our group at the beach



Here are a few shots from snorkeling. I was amazed at how many fish there were and how they were so close to us...until I learned that the guide was feeding them tortillas...







After the snorkeling we relaxed on the beach and were treated to same whale acrobatics


If you missed the whale initially you couldn't miss the splash


I took some artistic license on this photo. I got a sequence of a whale jumping out of the water and as I looked at the shots I realized it was spinning while it jumped. I combined 5 shots to show that spin


Here is one a little closer so you can appreciate the spin


This one did a back flip


Here is a video of our snorkeling trip to Chileno Beach


That is it for today. Lot's more Los Cabos adventures to come!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing pictures - the whales really put on a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, glad that you had a nice birthday. Beautiful pictures from your Mexico trip, looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete