Sunday, August 30, 2026

Hiking, Lake Time, and Happy 40th Birthday Kim!

These morning doves like to hang out on the backboard of our basket ball hoop


We don't see Henry painting very often


Kim, Nixon, and I did a hike last a few weeks ago in Liberty Lake



We picked up some clothes on the way home and these boys loved these oversized sweaters


Mason doing some crafting outside


He made a pinball game



Matching


Mason made a plan out of metal earth


Nixon making us some dessert


The kids picked some blueberries



Lyza at a dentist appointment. She should have her braces off before the end of the year.


Mason got a fresh hair cut


Mason and Henry had some swimming lessons and even learned how to dive


We had a few days with friends at the Bunts' cabin

Kayaks on the water was fun




The kids got to do some tubing before the starter on the boat broke





The kids played some fun games together


With the boat out of commission we brought out the floating dock to keep the kids entertained


We also did some paddle boarding


Fishing from the dock




And an outdoor movie



There was even some time for relaxing


We had lots of fun together


Some burgers for dinner in the back yard


Kim looking stunning for church


Henry and I did some photos in the back yard to use for an invitation to his upcoming baptism






You are all invited


With the fresh blueberries they picked Nixon made some white chocolate blueberry scones


Henry playing chess with a friend


Playing Sleeping Queens with some friends


Lyza was invited to a birthday party where everyone was supposed to dress up like one of their favorite book characters. She chose Paedyn Gray from Fearless.




Lyza had an orientation at the High School. Freshman year here she comes


Henry hanging out at the beach


Kim and I went out for dinner for her birthday


The food was delicious


Then the next morning we did a hike together. We found some large bones along the trail


View of the lake





After that we went to the farmer's market and we got her a huge bouquet of flowers


When we got home Kim rearranged it into three parts because there were so many flowers


Mason caught a praying mantis and made a home for it


The sky was really moody that day


That evening some friends took Kim out to dinner for her birthday



The next day Kim turned 40. We had a delicious breakfast and then walked to church together


Nixon got a photo of us after church


Then we opened some presents


We sang her Happy Birthday while Nixon played it on the trumpet ;)


Then we had lots of fun reading a cute card that Nixon made



Mason made this beautiful drawing for her


Kim got some pretty necklaces


And a new sweater




I told Kim earlier in the week that I was going to take care of dinner and that I wanted us to eat a little later than usual so we could comfortably eat outside.

At about 5:45 I told Kim that Lyza and Nixon wanted to take her on a walk while I got dinner ready. Kim was busy having the kids try on clothes for upcoming family pictures. I didn't think she was ever going to leave the house. Finally I was able to get her out of the house and then it was time for a transformation.

Friends flooded into the house with food and asked what they could do to help.

We got some banner hung up.



I got potatoes in the oven and chicken on the grill and then it was time to wait for Kim to return


I can't believe I managed to plan a surprise party for Kim, with 5 additional families, with a full meal, and all at our house. All without her having any clue. It was a miracle.

Kim got to visit with friends and we had a fun night.





She knew there was a cheese cake for her because she saw it in the fridge. That afternoon she even suggested that we invite another family over for cake because she knew we had more cake than our family needed ;) I just told her "no" and that it was her day. The logic wasn't right, but I was too tired at that point from trying to plan and organize everything and I didn't want her getting in the way.


We all had fun celebrating Kim's birthday, even Mason, despite the picture


We partied into the evening and even got to sit around the fire


Happy Birthday, Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment