Saturday, October 22, 2011

Deported :(

So this last week I drove up to Canada to make a trip out to Montreal for my interview to gain residency in the United States. This was supposed to be the last step in a VERY long process. Unfortunately things did not go as planned. We need to submit one more form from someone to sponsor me. Lucky for us we have WONDERFUL family. Daniel's Aunt Terry was so kind to agree to sponsor me and now we are just waiting to get all of paperwork sent in and returned back to me from the Embassy in Montreal. So a huge THANKS goes out to Aunt Terry for helping us out! She was so quick to fill out the necessary paperwork and get her documents mailed out to me within a day which was great! We aren't really sure how long this will take but are hoping only 2-3 weeks since I am not allowed to return to Moscow in the meantime. So Daniel and I are learning to live apart from one another and anxiously waiting for the day when I can return home.

Aside from the bad news of not getting my immigration VISA my Mom and I had an excellent time in Montreal. It was our first time being there and it was really beautiful. We stayed a block from Old Montreal which was great because there was a lot to see within walking distance. I was wishing that I knew a little bit of French for our visit. It was a little tricky finding directions and ordering food sometimes because everything was in French! Too bad that wasn't a mandatory class for me when I was in high school.

Our first night there we had just enough time once we got to our hotel to find the US embassy and grab some supper. The next morning I left at 7:30 for my interview and didn't get back until noon. That was a VERY long morning. At 12:30 my Mom and I took a bus tour around Montreal that was just over 3 hours long. We got to see a lot of sites in Montreal and learned a lot of interesting facts. That night we found a nice little Italian restaurant in Old Montreal that was really good and then we came back to the hotel and hung out there for the rest of the night because we were both exhausted. Between Mom's bad hip and me being 8 months pregnant there was only so much walking we could do in a day. We were the perfect match for this trip!

Our last day we went to a nearby mall and did some shopping and then went to the Space and Science Center which was a lot of fun. Just before we caught our cab back to the airport we made a stop at a nice little bakery for a gourmet cupcake that was SOOOO good!

Here are a few pictures that we took:


 Notre Dame Basilica




 This is a smaller chapel in the back of Notre Dame.

 The Bio Dome and Olympic Park.
St. Joseph's Cathedral

 In front of the Space and Science Center












Mom and I loved the skinny mirror!

Some cool condos that look like lego blocks


Mom and I are now safely back in Welling. It was fun to have a trip together just the two of us.I have been enjoying some time to rest and relax. Yesterday I read the first book of The Hunger Games Trilogy which I really enjoyed. Today I worked in the kitchen with my Mom preparing for a late Thanksgiving meal that we are having tomorrow and I even made my way out to the garden to help harvest the carrots. Brought back memories of working in the garden when I was little.

I want to say Happy Birthday to Brenda! It is her birthday tomorrow and I hope she has a wonderful day and gets spoiled! I wish I were there to spend it with you. Thanks for being such a wonderful Mother in law, I feel blessed to have you as a part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I really enjoyed all your pictures- it looks like you & your mom had a great trip.

    I hope everything goes through quickly & you are able to get home soon! xo

    ReplyDelete