Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Time Flies!

The other day I realized that we have been living in Moscow for almost 2 months! Where has the time gone? I feel like we just got here. And what makes that seem even more crazy is the fact that the baby is due to arrive in about 2 months! WOW! It is coming much faster than I thought it would. I am feeling pressured to start getting everything in order for when the baby comes. The other day I looked online at a list of things you should have before you bring home baby.....where do I begin? I think I will be doing a lot of online shopping until Daniel and I can make a trip to Spokane for a day to buy some baby items. That should be a fun trip!

I feel like the last week has been very busy! Between our own schedules and all of the activities that the ward has been putting on their has not been a lot of free time. But we certainly are enjoying it! 2 weekends ago we made a trip out to Lewiston to explore the city a little bit and also stopped by a State Park that is just outside the city. It's a very pretty city that is right on the river and we look forward to camping there next summer. The campground is right on the river and it has a nice sandy beach and playground (things that we need to take note of for the little one!). Lewiston is about 30 minutes from Moscow and we took a scenic road there called Old Spiral Highway. It was the most curvy, crazy road I think I have ever been on. We stopped part way along the drive and enjoyed a picnic in the back of the car while overlooking the city and river. It was a beautiful night!
 Here is a view of part of Old Spiral Highway with the Snake River going through Lewiston and Clarkston.
 Daniel enjoying our picnic supper!

This is the State Park that we stopped at. It is called Hell's Gate, not really sure why. We thought it was quite lovely but maybe we will look into why is was named that before we stay there :)

Our relief society has been focusing on having mini classes throughout the week. They are small relaxed activities that everyone is invited to in order to have a wide variety of things to do to meet everyone's different interests. I try to go to as many as I can, it is a great way to get to know the sisters. Last week I was able to attend a service project where we made bibs and toys for children in third world countries, I went to a sewing club, jewellery making class, mommy and me which is held at the park so children can play and mom's can talk (I am close enough to being a Mom I figure I can attend that one!) and a walking group that goes out 3 times a week. I certainly don't have to be worried about getting bored.

Last week our ward also had an activity for the adults. They played the newly wed game! When we first arrived they had a backdrop set up to take pictures of each couple which they gave to us at the end of the night. They had all of the guys leave the room while the girls answered some questions and then the guys came back and the girls left and then we met together to reveal our answers. Daniel and I got enough right that we moved on to the finals round which had about 5 other couples. After many many questions and heated moments of competition Daniel and I came out the victors! That's right, we won the title of best couple in our ward. They had a crown and sash for me to wear and then we had our winning dance together. That's right they dimmed the lights in the gym and everyone made a circle around us while they played a nice slow song for us to dance to and they all had bubbles that they blew on us. It was quite the site. For our prize we won a gift card to AppleBee's and some treats, so I guess we have got a date night waiting for us!
Here is a picture with our prize when we got home that night.
And one last picture to share with you. This is a picture of the "bump" last week. 30 weeks down and 10 more to go!

3 comments:

  1. I believe the title we won is "The Best Couple in Moscow"

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Kim. I think about you guys lots and am so excited for your baby to come!

    I think you guys are definitely the best couple in Moscow!! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute pregnant!!! Glad I finally got to see a pic of this baby inside of you. Can't wait to meet him/her. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete