Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mom's Birthday and some crafting!

First of all I want to say Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother! I'm sad I couldn't spend the day with her but will get to see her in a week and a half which I am so excited for! I am so lucky to have such a great Mom and am so excited for our baby to have the best Grandma ever! I know she was being taken out tonight to one of her favorite restaurants by my Dad and I hope they had a fantastic time. I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite pics of my Mom and me :)

I especially love this picture of my Mom and I at my wedding. She has a picture just like it of her and her Mom when she got married. 

Hope you had a great day Mom!


I had a request to share some of the projects that I have been up to since I have retired. I have been loving my time at home and have been learning to do a bit of sewing. I am definitely an amateur but have been enjoying developing a new skill! It is fun to have the time to do some of the things that I never felt like I had time to do when I was working full time and think I could really get used to this stay at home business :) A baby won't take up that much of my free time......right? haha

Anyways here are some of the things I have made and maybe as time goes on the projects will become a little more advanced :)

This is a family home evening binder that I have been working on. It should make for some fun Monday evenings. It has about 100 different lessons and activities that I gathered from a few different sources. The majority of them I got from my friend Alyson. Thanks Aly!



These are a couple wipes cases and diaper pouches I have made. Since we don't know the gender of the baby, and I refuse to have everything be gender neutral, I have resorted to making a boy and girl colored things. And I must give credit to my SIL for the wipes case since I used her fabulous tutorial!
 This is a nursing cover I sewed
 Necklace holder
 I made these earrings at a jewelery class the Relief Society organized.
 a bag holder.....exciting...i know
 I thought I needed a new apron since I have been spending a lot more time in the kitchen cooking!
 Yesterday I put together a car emergency kit as well as a 72 hour kit for Daniel and I. Since we live so far away from family now I decided that we had better learn to be little more independent. But hopefully we never have to use either one!

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm... WOW! I am impressed by all your crafty projects! Craft as much as you can now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! you are keeping busy!!! I need to finish my book now!!

    ReplyDelete