Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Official

After almost a year I am finally a permanent resident of the United States of America! Woo Hoo! We were so excited when we picked up the mail yesterday and saw this:















And yes....I realize I look like a terrorist. Please don`t judge :)

Today Lyza is 7 weeks old. It is so exciting to watch her change and grow! She amazes me everyday. I am already having moments of feeling like she is growing up too fast! She has just about grown out of her newborn clothes. I might be able to squeeze her into them for another week and then she will get to wear a whole new wardrobe! She is so lucky....I wish I got all new clothes every 2 months :)

She has been such a good girl. For the past week she has been sleeping through the night! And when I say sleeping through the night I am talking at least 9-10 hours every night! The first few nights were quite an adjustment for me because I would wake up after about 4 hours and watch her on the baby monitor because I was sure she would wake up at any moment but she never did. The last couple of days my body has quickly been getting use to getting a solid 7-8 hours without waking up and it feels great! I love it when she wakes up in the morning after a good sleep; this is when we get her best smiles!

Here are some highlights from the past 2 weeks:

Lyza on Sunday all ready for church.


Here she is stretching after waking up one morning.


Lyza still loves her change table and she still loves to move as much as she can. She also enjoys wearing socks on her hands so she doesn`t scratch her face.



Whether it is her swing or her bassinet Lyza is always a serious sleeper.



Here is a picture of Lyza enjoying her diaper cake from her shower.




Lyza in her swaddle wrap. As soon as we started using this at night is when she started sleeping through the night. Even though she is tightly bundled she still manages to get turned around in her crib.


Here is a picture of Lyza with her friend Quinn. They are 3 weeks apart. It is hard to imagine that Lyza was that small just 3 weeks ago.



We have had great weather this week and the snow has melted enough that the sidewalks are clear which means we can go for walks again. Lyza usually always falls asleep within minutes and it feels great to get outside.

Here is one last video of Lyza making sounds. The last couple of days she loves to try and copy sounds that we make.



We finally got Lyza`s crib last night which means for date night tonight we will be setting it up! I can`t wait to start organizing and decorating her room.

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable!! I love the pictures & the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, so great that you're officially a resident! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete