Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Kim and I each had to speak in church today (lucky us!). We both had the same topic of "Living a Covenant Life," so Kim spoke on that topic and I spoke on the blessings of living a covenant life. Not really the most on-point topic for a Father's Day meeting, but we did our best.

With it being Father's Day we each incorporated discussion of our fathers. Here is some of what was said:

Daniel:

I would be severely guilty of ingratitude if I did not mention my father here today in this talk – being father’s day today. None of you here know my father. You may have seen him here a few weeks ago when my son was blessed, but none of you actually know him. But, I am sure that each of you know someone like him. The reason our church is so strong here on the earth is because of men like my father.

He is a hard-working and honorable man. He is selfless and rarely does anything for himself. He is always concerned for the welfare of each of his family members and the welfare of those over whom he has any kind of stewardship, whether it is the young men in a quorum, the High Priests in his High Priests group, or the families he is asked to home teach.


My father has faithfully kept the covenants he has made and has been a great example to me of a covenant life. He has been blessed for his commitment to the Lord and his diligence in keeping covenants. 

Kim:

[After describing her Grandpa Bullock:] As I grew up I have seen his example reflected through my own father.  Things such as family scripture study, family and personal prayers, temple attendance, family home evening, spending quality family time together were all very important and practiced things in my house growing up. And now I am trying to continue these traditions with my own family. 

We are both very appreciative of our fathers and want them to know how much we love them!


Here a couple of videos that show the importance of fathers (Warning: some or all of these videos may make you cry):




HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!




1 comment:

  1. Daniel, I hope you had a Happy Father's Day with your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete