Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Primary Song Says When You Get Older You Also Get Wiser...

I stole a quick picture of these two together before church a couple of weeks ago. It is impossible to get both of them to look at the camera at the same time.
Nixon really wanted a picture of this creation during sacrament meeting
This is one of Mason's signature moves. He piles up blankets and pillows on you while you are trying to relax on the couch.
Then he climbs up on top.
These two are so adorable when they are playing well together
Nixon is learning how to read
Mason is officially our messiest eater. I am not sure if it is technically considered eating.
When I entered the kitchen on my birthday morning this is the beautiful sight I saw greeting me
I woke up to biscuits in the oven
Biscuits and gravy for breakfast!
Breakfast was really yummy
Lyza got a chocolate bar at school for getting a "Panther Pride." A Panther Pride is a recognition from a teacher for something good the student has done. Lyza got this Panther Pride for showing respect. Students that get Panther Pride have their name read out over the announcements. They also get to go to the gym and have a shot at the basketball hoop to earn two treats. If they don't get the basket, they get one treat. 
Good job Lyza!
It was fun coming home to this
The kids and Kim covered the kitchen with decorations with nice messages for me
We had Red Robin's for dinner and after I got to open some presents
I got a new zoom lens for Kim's new camera ;) (the camera is for both of us, I just don't share very well ;)
Then we had a home made coconut lime cheesecake. It was so yummy!

I ended out coming down with the flu on my birthday and was feeling pretty miserable the next day. However, I really wanted to go our and try the zoom lens and see of there were still eagles in the area.
Unfortunately the eagles are not out in full force any more. I did get a couple pictures of some super rare ducks ;)

It was really pretty out but really cold, especially as I had a fever
I saw this sky writing plane too
Kim shared this picture/note that Lyza made for her and it brought tears to my eyes. Lyza is so thoughtful and sweet and is so good about sharing kind words with others.
We all got sick at the end of last week. That means that there was lots of cuddling


When Nixon and I were laying on the couch he wanted to play with some of the creative modes on the camera








We started getting lots of snow last week and it is still coming down as I am writing this (February 13th). All that snow you see on the picnic table was in one day and that wasn't even the full day of snow at the time of the picture.
That's all for now. Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a happy birthday. Sorry you guys have been sick. Hope you all get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete