Sunday, March 9, 2014

2 Kids are Better than 1

Well, having one LYZA is great, but having a LYZA and a NIXON is even better!
 Lyza made a farm with her duplo blocks 



 For the most part Lyza has been really happy to have a baby brother. Every morning when I get her out of her crib she has 2 questions for me: 1) Where is mama? and 2) Where is baby/baby brother/baby Nixon?


Dancing ballerina
 These might be my favorite sleepers. His feet are little monster heads and his bum has a monster face on it
 I set Nixon down in Lyza's crib one evening while we were playing with her kitchen and it was one of those moments where I realized how small this little guy is.
He had is 10 day check up this week and he was 7 pounds (birth weight was 6 lbs 13oz ). He seems to be chunking up a little

 I have been told that I don't look this cute when I sleep 
 Lyza helped Kim make some cookies this week. Kim tried every verbal command possible to try to get Lyza to look at the camera and smile for a picture. Finally she told Lyza "show me your teeth" and this was she got

 Our happy little guy



 Lyza and I went to a movie yeaterday. We saw The Nut Job together and had a lot of fun. The animation was really good (done by a Canadian animation company and a South Korean animation company) but the plot was really ridiculous and surprisingly hard to follow for a kids movie. There were some funny parts and Lyza loved being in the movie theater. 



Sweet Dreams? 


 We have been getting more and more little smiles out of Nixon, although they are really hard to catch on camera


Here is a video of Lyza singing "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty:
Here is a video of the typical interaction between Lyza and Nixon (no babies were harmed during the making of this video):
Now a throwback to 1970's hip-hop:
That's all for now. Take Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment