Sunday, June 16, 2019

(Fake) Father's Day

We celebrated (Fake) Father's Day a week early because we will be in Calgary on (Real) Father's Day. Nixon looked so good in a 3-piece suit at church
 After church I got together with the kids to take a picture together. Immediately a butterfly flew by and the kids went CRAZY trying to catch it. Eventually it got away and the excitement wore off and we were able to get a few photos


 I also got one with my big boy baby
 And Kim got this picture of Lyza
 After pictures it was time to make a feast of a lunch. Nixon got to work whipping the cream. We had waffles with fresh mangos, blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream. AMAZING!
 Then the kids treated me to another round of Daddy's Homecoming

 Then I got spoiled with some cute cards and gifts from the kids (and Kim)
 I also got attacked with kisses 
 I got a variable ND filter for the camera. It is a filter that attaches to the lens and basically acts like sun glasses. When it is bright outside it allows you to minimize the light entering the lens so you can keep optimum settings for video (slower shutter speed and larger aperture) and still allow a shallow depth of field (background blur and separation from the subject). It also helps get longer shutter speeds for still photos to blur or smooth out moving subjects (like a stream or waterfall).
Here is a video of me testing it out (I think the interactions between Lyza and Nixon are cute and pretty much candid because they weren't thinking that I was actually filming what they were doing)
For dinner Kim spoiled me by buying the most expensive steaks we have ever bought before (huge rib-eyes)
They were fun to cook because they have so much marbling and fat that there were lots of flames

 The steak tasted just as good as it looked!
 We also had a super yummy trifle for dessert
I am so thankful for the fathers in my life and the trust my Heavenly Father has in me to entrust four beautiful children with such a flawed earthly father.
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great Father's Day celebration for you, Daniel!

    ReplyDelete